If you’d like to try your hand at using the brushes in Elements (or those downloaded from the Web) in artistic ways, these links may be of interest to you. Although most of the tutorials are written for Photoshop, which has some brush options not available in Elements, you may nevertheless gain some insight into the process.
- Digital Coloring with Graphic Tablets: Tips for drawing with a digital pen and tablet.
- Create a Citrus Fruit Design from Scratch: Learn to draw a sliced orange.
- Creating and Coloring Line Art: An illustration method by Tony Cliff.
- Speed Paint: Step-by-step instructions for sketching in Photoshop.
- Speed Painting Tips: More quick drawing tips.
- Painting with the Smudge Tool: How to turn a photo into a painting with the Smudge tool. (You can also find additional tips for this technique on innographx.com.)
- Painting a Face: Swedish illustrator and digital fantasy artist, Linda Bergkvist, offers tutorials on drawing facial features.
These three sites offer great collections of tutorials for many different projects: